12 Tips for Email and Newsletter Marketing for Your Business
Having a website is a necessity for a business these days. It is the most important step in creating a brand online. However, most of the websites online do not do very well in terms of generating revenue through online sales. This is mostly because they are not assisted by a well-planned email marketing strategy. Email marketing campaigns are most successful if they are mobile friendly. Here are some important points about email marketing campaigns:
1. Email marketing can be used for mass marketing without losing out on the ‘personal touch’ front. Many successful businesses online have developed a strong customer base through mailing lists that they regularly provide feeds to. Thus, email marketing is emerging as a strong direct marketing tool.
2. Emails can also be sent as opt-ins. That is, they can be sent as long as people continue to opt-out of receiving them.
3. Using a subscription link to your website can make sure that a user who has just made an online purchase or someone who wants to know more about your business but is not in the position to make a purchase at the moment, can access information about your products and new arrivals in a timely manner.
5. Newsletters sent out to previous customers and enthusiasts do the job of creating and maintaining brand loyalty. They should be written in an encouraging and upbeat manner to generate interest.
6. Sales letters should contain the most important information on deals and offers to attract immediate attention. If you are working for a charity, you can also create an effective campaign for people to come and join your cause by using strong images and facts in the emails.
7. Your emails should always contain links to the website or page on your business that the email is about. It should also contain unsubscribe links, do not reply messages, etc. as applicable. This is all the more important if you are sending automated messages as part of your online customer service.
8. Transactional email should always contain all information related to the transaction. They should also contain links to help and support and any other contact information. Shopping carts, tracking of shipment, receipts, coupons and deals should always be sent to the customer via email so that the communication and terms of service are clear.
9. Avoiding spamming is also important when it comes to email marketing. The emails sent to customers/leads should be timely but not to the point of being annoying.
10. Email addresses change frequently, so an email marketing campaign should always track unresponsive and dead/inactive addresses.
11. Forwarding emails is also a great way to initiate viral marketing. A simple email marketing letter that includes a ‘please forward’ message can find a lot of new readers because the sender always makes sure to send relevant emails to friends and family.
12. Emails that contain html and other types of coding should be tested on popular email clients.
Using the best practices in email marketing effectively can help a business increase sales and website traffic.